E-commerce PHP Developer (Remote, York)
PureClarity is a growth stage SaaS company based in York. We are bringing next generation technologies to all of e-commerce. Our SaaS personalisation platform helps e-commerce stores grow, generate more revenue and stand out from their competition. We have a wide range of features including real-time product recommendations; personalised content; pop ups; email and live chat.
PureClarity integrates into all leading e-commerce platforms, including Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce and X-Cart.
With us, you will…
Help PureClarity grow by improving our integrations on multiple PHP and NodeJS based e-commerce platforms. You will also help support our customers by providing technical support and helping them to integrate PureClarity into their store. As we grow you will have the opportunity to help shape the direction of PureClarity.
Who you are…
You are a Magento expert that our team looks to for answers, smart insights and best practices. With your experience you pride yourself in developing and maintaining high quality code. You will use this knowledge and experience to enhance all our integrations further as well as develop new PHP based integrations for other e-commerce platforms.
You may currently be working for an Agency, and are looking to work on a single product as the next step in your career. You relish the prospect of developing integrations for new platforms and sharing knowledge amongst the wider team. You are happy adapting to new tech stacks, and even though PHP may be your first port of call, you are happy to learn new skills using new languages.
What are we asking from you?
- 3+ years of Magento development experience
- Passion for e-commerce and a drive to learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to help customers
Other skills that would be beneficial…
- Experience with other PHP e-commerce platforms
- Experience of automated testing frameworks
- Experience using git and docker
- Experience using NodeJS
- Experience using AWS
What do we have to offer?
- Remote working, anywhere in the UK. Ideally able to travel to York approximately 1 day a month.
- Experience working in a fast growing SaaS technology company
- A real opportunity to contribute to the direction of PureClarity
- Good career progression opportunities
- A competitive salary – depending on experience, between £35k and £45k
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays. Extra day for each year of service up to 25 days
What the interview process will be…
We aim to keep the interview process as fair and transparent as possible. This means no grueling full day interviews over multiple rounds, but instead a simple process to help make sure we are a good fit for each other.
There will be a short 10-15min phone interview with our CTO, followed by a 1hr programming task for you to complete in your own time.
Finally we will invite you to an hour and a half virtual conversational style interview where the team will find out more about you as well as asking questions about your programming task.
Whilst we love working with recruiters, in this instance we’re only accepting direct candidates.
Please send your CV and letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org, FAO John, or email with a view to an initial conversation – and giving a compelling reason why we should chat.